Sunday, July 13, 2008

When will it stop....

I haven't posted in a while so I am gonna drop a few today, hoping you all have as much time to read as I do to write.

Between Tuesday and Saturday I worked a little over 45 hours, but the killer part of all that was the "fun having" I did in between. Luckily, I don't get out of control, well maybe a little bit ;).

Anyways, Friday night was a friend’s party and at every party you have music. At the party I was so focused on having a good time and mingling with the folk I didn't have time to really analyze the music, it was just background noise to my sporadic conversations I guess. Well I got up today to do my usual internet browse and I came across a free(style) by Cam'ron. You know that rapper that wears, raps about high fashion, and was the first big name saying no homo (hmmm), over the Lil' Wayne Let the Beat Build track.

Then I remembered hearing the original track on Friday and actually waiting for the beat to build which took like 20 mins…. actually only like a minute and some seconds, but still much longer than any beat needs to build. Back to the point. Why? I don't need to wait for the beat to build. That is a dumb a$$ concept for a song anyways. What? You gonna rap about building a beat and then what happens after it drops? Start again. Am I the only person who sees through this crap? I mean seriously. When will this man go away?

I am so sick of Wayne right now. Don't get me wrong. He's hot. BUT:

1. He isn't good (he doesn't do anything well except simple punchlines and metaphors with a hellified swag.
2. He has very limited talent (he can rap yes, but he can't work within the constructs of an album well. Those are two different things)
3. He is ugly, short, and does dumb stuff like sip sizzurp (an alcoholic drink with cough syrup)
4. He kisses boys (can you no homo that?).
5. He has a 1 hot album every 10 years average (Carter 2. He kills random tracks on mixtapes but is no where near consistent.)
6. He bites everybody's flow (for all you dummies that get on Jay for being a biter Wayne is much worse.)

I could probably go on but then I would be called a hater....and I'm not. Wayne is in like the top 20 people I listen too... the thing is he is everything people hate about other rappers rolled into one rapper and everybody loves him. He says some of the wackest lines, bites the most flows, has some of the lamest songs, does that gayest things, and so on and so on... yet he is loved.

Trust me no hate here. I wanna see most all black people make it, as long it isn't to the detriment to other black people (like MJ and Jordans, or Bob Johnson and BET., you know people whose careers feed off of the exploitation of black people). Wayne is fast approaching that status because everybody and their momma (probably literally now) thinks they can rap.

Sadly, I must say Jay-Z is probably to blame for Wayne.... them damn Carters and their refusal to write lyrics. If only Wayne was good at going off the top of the head.

OHHHHHHHHHHHH.....in completely unrelated and irrelevant news Amil (All Money Is Legal) formerly of Rocafella records has a freestyle over the A Milli beat. So now everybody and somebody's momma has rapped over it.

Check it out: http://www.zshare.net/audio/150887202a379180/

1 comment:

Marty McFly said...

hilarious that amil did that.

stop being a hater its getting old.

i will straighten you out as far as hip hop goes when i see you because youre far too far gone to correct via the internet.