Wednesday, July 16, 2008

When will it stop Pt. 2

OK. Before you read listen to this:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/1543021720034390/

This is what should be the last freestyle over the A Millie Beat ever. I have heard way to many rappers get on this beat and try to kill it worse that it was allegedly killed in the beginning so it’s done.

But again this blog is about love and positivity so let’s talk about the real story here which is this little white boy Asher Roth, the author of this freestyle. I have no idea why I decided to click on the link to this freestyle, because I am extremely sick of the redundancy of hip hop and the entire industry from Lil' Mama, to Neyo, even R. Kelly getting on this beat. But I did. Anyways it was worth it cause the dude has a little flow and his message is on point. If you didn't listen to the track he talks about what good is having "A millie" if you ain't helpin' nobody with it. Really? What good is it. While the Wayne's walk around with a millie and the Jay's walk around with near billie what do they do?

Now those two help out a lot so it probably wasn't pointed at them, but a lot of the music industry gets, gets and gets some more, but you rarely hear of their philanthropy. Now I understand that the media portrays blacks in a certain light already and human interest stories don't get covered. But, Plies (the idiot with the name that makes no sense) has been on the scene for 12 minutes and he is already making a name for himself giving back and helping the less fortunate through giveaways, scholarships, and promotions (it sounds bad but it’s better than most).

Back to the where I was going though. It is rare I stumble across something and don't investigate. An example would be the the French, I guess electronica, band JUSTICE. I heard their song D.A.N.C.E. from that guy Sol P who doesn't update his blog and after a little bit of investigation got just about everything they have put out. Another example would be Joe Budden. A friend, who till this day denies he liked Pump it Up, told me to download the song. I thought it sounded cool and decided to hear more... 5 years later I have a second favorite rapper (to Redman).

Again I got sidetracked geez I need some meds. So research. Yeah. I looked up this Asher Roth character and didn't find too much info. Thank goodness I didn't cause I found his mixtape.... cosigned by DJ Don Cannon and DJ Drama. I think I am a little late, so in order to break this story I haven't actually even listened to it yet but I am going to throw my little inconsequential co-signature on that b cause based on what he said over A Millie, his freestyle over Cannon, and the fact that he has a mixtape called the "Greenhouse Effect" cosigned by DJ Drama and Don Cannon is enough for me. I guess we can learn at the same time. So here you go:

http://anonym.to/?http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/or9pgf


Its about 100MB and is a zip file, but I bet its worth it.

Salute

9 comments:

Marty McFly said...

this is very nice. one of the better offerings with jays and waynes.

on another note this beat in general is what convinces me that hiphops alive. simple ass beat that nobody can deny that makes emcees giddy and producers mad because they could have made it with their feet.

see grindin', woah, drop it like its hot, etc.

Wesley Robinson said...

jadakiss' is the best. hands down. and fab gets it better than wayne. cassidy's is nice but waynes is better. jay i wasnt impressed at all. he just kind of rambled....after the grammy family freestyle i have been utterly tired with jay cause he showed he could on topic go in and kill a beat since then its been like eh

Marty McFly said...

jada, cassidy, corey gunz, and fab were all equally average. there is no denying that wayne still owns that beat, adn jay and this guy asher are teh only ones with him.

you cant penalize jay because he dropped the best freestyle know to man one time, he still gets to just bullshit from time to time and this was some grade A bullshit if you know what i mean.

Wesley Robinson said...

wow. the hillbilly line was better than anything wayne said in total. and jada just gave 16 and did what nobody else could do. i think you need to listen again....

Marty McFly said...

the hillbilly line was completely average...wtf was mind blowing about that?

and nobody came with many punchlines, it was about delivery on this one and wayne and jay were unmatched per usual

Wesley Robinson said...

if that is completely average that wtf is tougher than nigerian hair....but the second part of your comment makes lyrics completely irrelevant conveniently lol

Gabriel said...

Top 5:

Jay Z
Killer Mike
Jadakiss
Fab
Lil Mama

Wesley Robinson said...

what possessed you to listen to all of those? and i guess my disgust with jay has slanted my view. thank you mr. objectivity

Gabriel said...

I just went to youtube and typed in 'milli' and all those names came up. I must have listened to that darn song for like 45 minutes that night. Jay-Z's was cold and I hate Jay-Z...a lot. After killer mike it dropped off a little bit, and the last three were around the same. Lil Mama would have been higher, but it just got to the point where her flow would go into cycles. If she had just ripped it for like 2 minutes instead of darn near 6 she would probably be number three on my list.