Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is.

The title of this post is one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite movies, Zoolander. As satirical, silly and stupid as that movie is, I think that quote fits my life very well. I like to think of myself as a good looking person…but not by my own merits, but from the praise of others (my grandmamma said I’m handsome LOL).

Anyways, life for me is generally easy when I apply myself and part of that comes from being good looking. It is really, really easy to walk into a room and procure the necessary attention with a smile and a little charisma, the direct byproduct of being good looking.

But there’s gotta be more to life than that. And no, I don’t want to create a Wesley Robinson Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too. But what can a good looking person do?

I definitely don’t want to model…that’s just too much. I think I have too many caveman beliefs about what men should and shouldn’t do.

Television would be ok, but there are three problems with that. One, you wear makeup which goes again goes against the whole caveman line of thinking. Number 2, you have to look nice ALL the time. Sometimes I need to take a day or two off, even the best looking people wake up not so beautiful some days. Finally, if I’m on TV, I feel like I will end up being corrupted and turn to being a lot more pretentious and generally really, really uncool.

What a dilemma.

But that’s not as bad as the whole dating thing, which is a funny topic to me because most everybody I know that takes in interest in my love life cares more about it than I do. And being so good looking these people figure I should be locked up.

Now its not that I don’t date at all, ‘cause that would be a complete waste of good lookingness. Still I do reserve it for only special occasions. Which is rare because it just seems like there’s more to life than dating a really, really, ridiculously, good looking girl.

And it’s not that there isn’t anybody out there, as I have dated at least two keepers in my short lifetime. We just fundamentally disagreed on how to carry on a relationship, and after a point there was nothing but them us feeling like each other was really, really, ridiculously good looking--at least thats how I looked at it.

Most people can take that type of good looking relationship, I cannot. What makes it worse is I am as deep as a kiddie pool, as far as looks go. I figure what better way to bless the world than by getting with a good looking girl and starting a really, really, big and good looking family.

Hay caramba. Dios Mio. ¿QuĂ© debo hacer?

Help me please find my purpose in life!

If not I'll be stuck being the really, really ridiculously good looking bum with, no car, no money and no goals...

Salute?

1 comment:

Danielle said...

This post is interesting. Almost shallow, but it did not make it there. Good looking...do you really believe that your looks get you places? I know Wesley can't believe that. It's your confidence and on the line of really good looking people marrying other good looking people, have you noticed that most female models marry ugly men because they are keepers and most don't cheat. [This is an example of horrible grammar.] It's just a thought.